Yesterday I spent over two hours taping an interview on the Iowa caucuses for the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
It was a gas!
They will slice, and dice, and intersperse the cuts from the video with shots of pigs, the Iowa State Fair, corn, ethanol and God only knows what else!
Once again I found out that for the Iowa caucuses there are several things "baked in" that the media wants and needs.
1. Ethanol and why are politicians running for President forced to support ethanol? I said they are NOT forced but that contradicts the story so it's ignored.
2. Corn. Every corny image or joke about corn which comes up again and again.
3. Pigs or hogs. After Joni Ernst make hogs the buzzword of her awesome campaign Iowa and hogs are eternally wedded together.
4. White people. Iowa is mostly European immigrants and as the media calls them "white people." Not enough diversity as far as the world is concerned never mind when I mention immigrants - German, Irish, Italian, Norwegians, Swedes, Dutch, Czech, - the media says "white" after each of these!
5. The State Fair and deep fried food.
I'm dying to see how they concoct a humorous piece about the caucuses from all the hours of material they shot!
The episode will be linked in my FREE, Internet course on the Iowa caucuses that YOU need to sign up for right now at